Saturday, October 27, 2012

Haulin'

Seems like everyone and your mother drives a Honda today, or a Smart Car, or the like.  Those are great cars, I'm glad that some people can get like 70 MPG and stuff.  I'm not against that.  But if it's my choice, I like to hypermile AND save money!  "Love the one you're with"

You can hypermile ANY vehicle.  The idea is to get better gas mileage, not unrealistic gas mileage.  Again, I'm' not against the Honda and electric car drivers, I wish I had one myself, I just wonder if something like this happens.

"Hey Rick, I hear you can get 70MPG in your new Honda Electric"
"Sure thing Steve"
"How much did it cost you to get that Rick"
"30 K"
"OOHHHH (why didn't Rick just get a Honda Accord from 93 or 96 or something and save money?) 

answer:  because he loves not being dependent on foreign oil THAT MUCH!

I think Rick's attitude is a bit outdated.  Even since the 2008 "recession", we need to think in economic terms.  To me, Rick is thinking in 2007 or 2008 knowledge.  That's fine for Rick, but for Steve, he wants to "love the one your with" and get like 5% to 10% more gas mileage, not 100-200% and have to make large monthly payments.  It's your choice! /^^\

No comments:

Post a Comment